Sunday 1 December 2013

Young Blood Makeup- The Review.


As some of you may remember a few weeks ago I attended the launch of Young Blood cosmetics here in Ireland, I blogged and filmed the event as well as giving my initial reactions to the products and the brand. So as I've been testing out the samples I'm now back with some more detailed reviews of the two stand out products I'm loving.

First up is the Mineral Primer- however before I go into this it must be said that I have never been a primer girl- shock horror! This has always been a step I've skipped, and I never thought it was worth spending money on primers. Unusually enough, this is the product I was the most excited to try as I wanted to see if it really did get my makeup to stay in place all day.This primer is paraben free and naturally rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals- like all Young Blood products they are good for your skin don't clog up those pesky pores.
So what did I think of it? To be perfectly honest I haven't found this as life-changing as I thought it would be, if I use this and skip powder I find that it does make my makeup stay in place that bit longer than if I just went straight for foundation. Areas like my chin, forehead and nose are places where I get quite oily throughout the day and where my make-up always rubs off first- and I didn't find that this made a huge difference in my makeup's lasting power in those areas. However, places where I'm not greasy it did work really well. I have found that my under eye concealer lasts that bit longer, as well as my blusher retaining its vibrancy throughout the day! The other lovely thing about this product is that it makes your base smooth and easy to apply makeup to especially over any areas where I have a breakout. Foundation just glides on over spot-prone areas without clinging to dry skin as the primer creates a smooth and even barrier.


The other Young Blood product I've been really loving is the Mineral Rice Setting Powder- which I mentioned in my previous Young Blood post and video! I love this stuff. Its so fine and light that it doesn't leave your skin loking cakey and heavily powdered, instead it almost imparts a sort of luminescence to the skin without containing any glitter. It gives the skin a beautiful velvet-matte look that's very on-trend this Autumn/Winter and is a look I personally love.

Mineral cosmetic is never something I was particularly interested in before- but I'm definitely converted! Young Blood are now available to buy online via the Closer2Fabulous store: http://closer2fabulous.ie/?product_cat=youngblood-makeup



No comments:

Post a Comment