Monday 22 September 2014

Lets Talk Skin #1





So I uploaded a video yesterday all about my skin and the problems I'm having with it. Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

I'm gong to be doing regular skin updates here on my blog every week to let you guys know how its doing! So since last Monday I've been sticking to a dairy free diet to see what it does for my skin. In the past I've tried healthy eating, a gluten free diet and changing my Pill in order to clear up my skin. Unfortunately nothing has worked so going dairy free is one of the few things I haven't tried! I've read a lot online that says dairy can be a trigger for adult acne so I thought why not I'll give it a try!

So in the video you'll get to see me with no makeup on, not a pretty sight! I wanted to do this to show you guys what my skin is really like and how amazing makeup can be! You'll see that my acne is concentrated in my T-Zone and that my cheeks are totally clear and smooth. It can be really hard to cover acne, and its something I struggle with on a daily basis as my skin is constantly changing, Some days it is really dry around areas were spots are healing which means that make-up can look so crusty and gross over it-there's no nice way of saying this! Sometimes these dry areas can get really greasy throughout the day which makes spots impossible to cover as if I put powder over an area that's greasy and dry it just looks even worse! So as you can imagine this becomes a vicious cycle, I don't want to leave the house without make-up despite the fact that sometimes make-up can draw more attention to problem areas! I'm sure so many other people struggle with this too!

So on to the dairy free side of things. I'm going to try dairy free for a whole month and see if I notice any major changes in my skin. So far its been a full week and I have no new breakouts- result! My skin is still in a bad way at the moment as I have a lot of breakout areas that are healing, but no new ones have appeared. This sometimes just happens with me so I can't put it down to the no-dairy just yet! I won't lie, it has been a difficult week although some days are easier than others! For example I was out with my friends today and they both ordered huge slices of cheesecake in Avoca and it was so hard not to do the same- and I did feel miserable watching them tuck into their cake! However afterwards I was so happy and proud of myself that I didn't give in to my cravings and stuck to it!

Thanks so much to everyone who left me such lovely comments over on my video- it made me very emotional and so happy to read them all! I will be blogging again next week to let you know how I'm getting on so keep an eye out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment