Monday 12 August 2013

Thermal Sprays


So after we've all seen how silly I look in the above picture we can talk about thermal sprays. They've been around for a while now but its only recently I've had some in my stash, I had previously had a try of an Avene one my Mum had but didn't really get the hype.
After a recently holiday my opinion on them changed for a number of reasons;

1- Being in the middle of a city in 30 degree heat for four days makes you very hot. These sprays are great when you're really hot and want nothing more than to splash your face with cold water. Except us make-up lovers can't really do that without a mascara meltdown! By using one of these you get a nice refreshing mist all over your face that cools you down and doesn't destroy your make-up.

2- Speaking of make-up and city breaks these sprays were lifesavers when it came to midday touch-ups. After a day filled with sightseeing in the heat touch-ups are definitely necessary, especially if you're heading straight from a day of museums to a bar. By lightly spritzing your face your make-up looks refreshed and dewy and allows you to apply more where you need it without the risk of looking cakey.

Possibly the biggest endorsement for these is that our male friends on this holiday laughed at us spraying our faces with these on day one. However, by the time we were on the flight home they were as addicted to using them as us!

These are the two sprays I have tried.
First up is Vichy Eau Thermale- decribed as rich in rare minerals, paraben free and suitable for sensitive skin. This was my favourite of the two as it sprayed quite a fine mist which didn't leave your face too wet.
Secondly is La Roche Posay's Thermal Spring Water- described as a natural antioxidant and  soothes and softens sensitive skin. This was also lovely but sprayed slightly heavier than the Vichy which made it slightly less usable when you're on the go.

Overall, I would have to say I'm converted and would never go on holiday to a hot destination without one!




*All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment