Monday 20 January 2014

Tom Ford Heaven.


Apparently today is the most depressing day of the year- Blue Monday. Or at least that's what everyone is saying about today, we have the post-winter blues and are already sick or have given up on our New Years resolutions. So I thought I'd inject a bit of glamour into your Blue Monday by reviewing probably the most luxurious product I own- my Tom Ford lipstick I got for my birthday.


 
Behold it in all its glory, (bit over the top? I think not!) really though, have you ever seen such amazing packaging? Its gold, and so heavy for a lipstick-it really feels expensive (well it is, but we won't go into how much, its almost horrifying) it also has a satisfying click when you pop the lid back on, which for me is a selling point and I really don't know why!

                                         

I have the shade Bruised Plum- a real 'me' colour. As the name suggests its a vampy, blackened-purple, quite similar to my trusty MAC Rebel but darker. The texture is rich and creamy and it just glides over the lips leaving a beautiful sheen which I'm not normally a fan of but I can definitely make an exception here! As of yet I have only worn it three times- I feel like I need to use it sparingly! Two of these occasions, I wore it for a long period of time with eating/drinking involved and I was very impressed with how it held up. Given the creamy formula it doesn't rub off too easily, although I did need to reapply more frequently than I usually do (you know by now I'm a matte lipstick girl).

Overall I love this lipstick- lovely formula and colour, and just don't get me started on the packaging again! Such an amazing present to get someone as you would never buy one for yourself !


If you want to see what it looks like on- check out my latest video here!

No comments:

Post a Comment