Sunday 22 February 2015

San Lorenzo's IS the Brunch of Champions.

So I'm a bit late to this party but I FINALLY went to San Lorenzo's this weekend and it was oh-so-good. Great music, great service and even better food!

I went with two friends who also hadn't been before and we all knew what we wanted to eat straight away as we'd been eying up the menu all week. Anne Marie and myself ordered the French Toast Stack with maple syrup and bacon, and Jade ordered the Frittata.



The food really was amazing, came out super quick and everything was nice and fresh. The best thing was that the portions were really generous, there's nothing worse than getting two tiny strips of bacon with french toast and a drizzle of maple syrup. Luckily we didn't have that problem, mine was laden with bacon and syrup which was just divine! Jade said her Frittata was delicious, it looked really rich and cheesy, and again the portion size was great.

The service was brilliant which was a bonus, super-friendly and efficient staff. We were asked not only if our food was good but if we'd had fun and enjoyed ourselves which I thought was a nice touch. I also really liked the music, cool without being pretentious and quite loud which was perfect! My pet peeve is whispering self-consciously in a restaurant, you want to be relaxed and have a good catch-up, not worry that everyone can hear all the intricacies of your love life!

San Lorenzo's is definitely worth the hype, something that isn't always the case. I'd recommend it to everyone but my advice would be to make sure you arrive hungry and book in advance as there's always a queue out the door!








No comments:

Post a Comment