Monday 2 February 2015

Stila in the Light Palette.




I'm afraid of flying. VERY afraid. On the return journey from a recent trip to Copenhagen I was not feeling the best and gazing into the Aer Lingus in-flight shopping pages I saw this beauty staring back at me. Lets just say that Denmark sure ain't cheap and I was a little strapped in the funds department so my boyfriend being the lovely guy that he is treated me to this on the plane home. What a sweetheart. It was definitely one of the better flights I've had; most involve me sweating profusely with nerves or switching manically between deathly silent/hysterically jabbering. Make-up always helps.

Stila can be quite awkward to get your hands on here in Dublin, they had a concession in Brown Thomas years ago, but now its only available in Dundrum (not sure if its House of Fraser of Harvey Nichols that stock it) or online. Despite this I've been lusting after this palette for quite a while, it did the rounds of a lot of blogs and YouTube channels a few years ago and I'd always wanted one for myself.

So lets talk about the eyeshadows shall we? The formulation is fantastic, much like the Urban Decay eyeshadows they're creamy and easy to blend. There are eight shimmery shadows, ranging from super-shimmery to just a tad and two matte shades. The star of the show is Kitten, one of Stilas most popular and raved about shadows for obvious reasons. Its a champagne coloured shimmer that is so pretty all over the eye for an easy everyday look, or blended in the inner corners of a smokier eye. The matte shades are perfect, an ivory colour called Bare and a gorgeous light crease shade called Bliss. My other two favourites are both shimmers; Sunset- a rusty red/brown and Bubbly- a true gold colour,

Since getting this palette I've used it so much and I think it would be amazing to bring away on holiday as you can do so much with it; from a dramatic evening look or something more muted and fresh for during the day. It also comes with a twist up Smudge Stick in the shade Damsel; a chocolaty brown. This is a great addition as you can really smoke up a day time look ad do a lot with it!

If you've used this palette let me know down in the comments and what Stila product I should try next!




No comments:

Post a Comment