Sunday 14 June 2015

A Fresh Start.



I'm writing this post with a fresh start in mind, both for me and for this blog. I used to be mad into blogging years ago and I would post on my old blog almost every day; however since I started my YouTube channel and this blog to go with it I've really neglected this side of things. I guess you could look at this post as my 'half-year' resolutions! Here are some of the things I'd like to do more of and achieve by the end of this year;


1. As you can tell from the picture above, eating more healthily is something I'm aiming for, for the rest of 2015. I uploaded that picture to my Instagram this morning of a Deliciously Ella smoothie recipe I tried for the first time; which you can get here. It was a peach and frozen banana summer smoothie which was so yummy and refreshing to have for breakfast! For me it marks the start of really trying to eat much healthier so that I can look and feel better in myself. I've spent most of today cooking healthy dinners that I can batch freeze and bring to work with me when I'm on the late shifts; as those are the days I end up making bad choices and spending money I don't need to on crap food. I'll be keeping you guys updated with my progress and if I come across any amazing recipes I'll be sure to share them here!


2. Getting fitter is something I've been trying to do all year. I did a lot of running for the first few months of 2015 and I hugely improved my fitness levels. Although I have let that slip quite a bit. I went for a run yesterday for the first time in ages and I was actually so impressed at how well I did. My fitness levels hadn't plummeted as I thought they would have and I really enjoyed myself- it was a beautiful day on the beach which always helps! I've also been hugely inspired by another Irish YouTuber called FacesByGrace who I have been following for quite some time now, originally it was for her beauty videos and posts but recently I've been loving her fitness posts. Grace has lost almost three stone (I think) through Slimming World and what looks like an intense fitness regime, she looks incredible and I find her Instagram feed so inspiring while at the same time really realistic as she always shares her ups and downs!


3. Blogging more- I'll be brief with this one as I've already discussed it above, but I really want to get back into blogging. As I said I used to be mad into blogging and I love writing but YouTube has kind of distracted me from it. I used to read so many blogs and then I stopped because I would watch YouTube instead, recently however I've got back into reading blogs, discovered some new ones and rediscovered some that I loved years ago! I really want to work hard on this blog and get back into writing and photography again, so expect to see a lot of different types of posts as I want this blog to be about more than just beauty.


4. My main mission for 2015 is to figure out what I want to do with my life haha! Sounds a bit dramatic I know, but since I graduated I feel like I've been drifting around and not quite knowing what career path I want to take, I'm currently working in retail and at times I do really like it but its definitely not something I want to pursue in the long run. I want to take the second half of this year and really think about what career options are out there and push myself to chase whatever it is I decide to do- even if that happens to be a scuba-diving instructor or a florist.


5. I also want to read a lot more- this month I've barely read a thing, which does happen to me occasionally. The few months previous to this I devoured every book that came near me, and after this almost always follows a little 'reading drought' as I like to call them. I need to get out of this lull and start reading again as I've bought so many new books recently that I'm dying to read and review them over on my YouTube channel!


6. Lastly, this year I would really like to move out. Myself and my boyfriend Peter have been together for over six years now and it really is about time we moved in together! Hopefully this will be the year we finally get our own place- which will be so exciting!

Apologies for the long and rambly post,  but sometimes the best way to achieve something is to write it all down, you know? So hopefully the second half of this year I'll start to see some of these things happening! Expect to see a lot more blog posts from me from now on and if you have any suggestions on anything in particular you'd like me to write about, just leave me a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment